Papers have to comply with the requirements for academic works. The authors must respect the scientific ethical rules (see the Science Ethics codex of the Hungarian Academy of Sciences).
The studies need to have a clear, usable and existing message. An easy-to-understand logical structure is necessary.
E-conom is basically publish studies that contains own research results, but we also publish smaller workshop studies or review articles.
In studies with more than one author, the corresponding author is responsible for the fact that other authors are really contributed to the study.
People who helped the study or the research as well as supporting projects, funding institutions should be mentioned in the Acknowledgments section, placed before the Bibliography.
The obligatory structure of the articles:
- Title, below the authors – name, institution, assignment, e-mail address in the footnote.
- Hungarian abstract (maximum of 150 words) and maximum of 6 keywords.
- English abstract (maximum of 150 words) and maximum of 6 keywords.
- In the case of German papers, German abstract and keywords are also needed.
- Abstracts summarize the aims, the methods, the main results and conclusions of the study. (references can be used only in justified cases).
- Introduction (Contains the purpose of the study and its problems, refers to the most important literatures).
- Applied scientific methods.
- Theoretical part (if relevant) which extends Intoduction part or deducing models or calculations.
- Treatment of the subject/research results: Results are clear and understandable. Explain the results and if relevant compare with other relevant results.
- Conclusion/Summary: Evaluate the significance of the results, make conclusions or further research tasks.
- Bibliography (with all citations and limited to the citations).
- Appendix: numbering with A, B, C … format.
Keywords and JEL-codes are required.
Manuscripts have to be written with Microsoft Word – or a word processor which is entirely compatible with that –, use Times New Roman lettering (font size 12), simple line spacing, full justification.
Leave a margin of 2,5 cm all four sides.
The length of a book review must not exceed a maximum of 2000 words. After the title of the reviewed work and the name of the author, all the bibliographic data of the reviewed book or issue have to be given.
Table captions should always be positioned above the tables, in the middle, bold, its source has to be put below the table, setting to the left margin of the tables. The title of the figures has to be written below the figure, in the middle, bold, its source has to be put below its title, in the middle. Headings should be numbered and referred in the text.
There is no need to include page numbers or running heads.
Literature citation has to follow the APA citation style. It is mandatory to indicate the DOI of the referenced documents in the references (if exist). You can search the DOI for a specific document here: https://search.crossref.org/ and https://www.crossref.org/guestquery/ Please indicate the DOIs with the https://doi.org/ prefix.
The citation of the sources of the figures and tables also has to follow the APA-style.
The length of the articles to be published should not exceed a total of 40 000 characters.
The length of book reviews should not exceed a total length of 2000 words. After the title and the author’s name, the full bibliographic information of the book is needed, put in parentheses.
Following this link, you can see an example for the structure of the first page.